Throughout the year, we provide internship opportunities for exceptional college students to experience being part of our team and to help us in our efforts to assist our families. If you are interested in interning at our organization please read the description, responsibilities, and requirements below then email Lydia.Griffin@answerthecall.org your resume.
The New York Police and Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund is seeking a highly-motivated, detail oriented, and ambitious student to assist its Development Staff in planning, promoting, and executing upcoming special events, campaigns, and initiatives. Interns can expect to gain hands-on training in special event planning, donor relations, public relations outreach, social media marketing, and general nonprofit management. Interns must be able to receive school credit and must be willing to commit to at least 14 hours per week. Dates/times are flexible as well as internship start and end dates and can be arranged around selected student’s schedule but ideal candidate can commit to two full works days (9:30am -5:30pm) per week. Please note: start and end dates are flexible depending on your schedule!
Interns will assist the Benefit Fund’s Staff with:
– Special event planning, management, and execution.
– Creating and executing marketing strategies for fundraising campaigns and other program initiatives
– Coordinating with our PR team regarding outreach efforts for upcoming events and campaigns
– Drafting copy for our blog and social media channels
– Participating in web editorial, marketing, and social media campaign brainstorming
– Working on research projects to help us better understand the demographics and needs of the families we are helping
The ideal candidate is a bright, mature, and detail-oriented self-starter, who is creative and eager to learn.
Additional qualifications include:
– Excellent written and oral communications skills
– Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Personable and professional demeanor
– Responsible and sensitive to confidentiality issues
– Knowledge of social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, Instagram
– Detail-oriented personality
– Commitment to our mission
Here is what some of our past interns have to say:
2016 Fall Intern
“I’m grateful for this opportunity to work with such a passionate organization. I’m glad I was able to Answer The Call and give back to our community.”
2016 Summer Interns
“Being an intern for The New York Police & Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund allows me to fulfill the belief that what you do for yourself dies with you but what you do for others lives long after you go.”
“Growing up I’ve always had the greatest respect for the men and women that put their lives on the line to protect us and keep us safe. Interning with NYP&F gives me the opportunity to support the families of those who sacrificed their lives for others”
“I am proud to intern for New York Police & Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund because it feels good knowing every ounce of work put in is going to be immensely appreciated and that it’s a cause the whole community can get behind, it truly brings people together.”
“I am proud to work for such a great cause and to help this influential foundation give back to the community.”
“I am so appreciative of the opportunity to intern for The New York Police and Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund and being a part of the great work that is being done to help support families that have already sacrificed so much.”
2014 Summer Interns
“Interning at The Benefit Fund was an eye-opening, invaluable experience. I am so grateful to have gotten the opportunity to intern for such a meaningful organization with a passionate, dedicated staff, and have learned a great deal during my time here!”
“Coming from a long line of NY firefighters who have “answered the call” in their own time, I felt honored that the Benefit Fund gave me the opportunity to do my share today. A great experience, where I felt I made a lasting impact!”